I have no idea about my Pension!  

RSS

Will_Farmer
(@will)
Ex-Army Admin
13/09/2017 7:02 pm  

Does anybody actually know how to find out how much money you would get a month when retiring?. I only done 6 years so I know it wont be a lot but I cant remember it ever being explained to me. Any help would be much appreciated. 

W.Farmer

ReplyQuote
Chelle74
(@chelle74)
14/09/2017 9:51 am  

Hi Will, when leaving you should have received a breakdown of your payments and what to expect depending on how long you have served. You also need to make a not of your service no and at what year you can start to claim your pension as its my understanding that unless you request / activate your pension personally and remember to do so it will not automatically start. HMRC should be able to help also.

ReplyQuote
Will_Farmer
(@will)
Ex-Army Admin
14/09/2017 1:08 pm  

Hi Chelle, I never received that information and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I will get onto this and find out.

Thanks for the information

W.Farmer

ReplyQuote
Ant
 Ant
(@ant)
14/09/2017 9:50 pm  

Hi mate,

My unit also told me nothing about pensions when I left. Log onto the HMRC website, you'll be able to view work history and update when required. Find out what tax code you should be on. There will also be pension details of what to expect as well as your projected state pension details should you work until retirement.

hope this helps.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register