Medical help  

RSS

Sealteam3
(@sealteam3)
08/01/2018 12:29 am  

On Tuesday I’m. 67 yr old war Vet on a war pension. I was doing well till I had a bad fall and damaged my already damaged head and back. Cut a long story short. I have put up with extreme pain for a few months now. Had injections in back which made it worse. I can hardly walk or stand up and have spent the last few months in bed. Doc on Friday put me on morphine patch’s which make no difference. I was told there are pain patch’s but very expensive so she can’t give me any. MOD wrote a priority treatment letter to the doctors concerned and made no difference to response to appointment, currently next April. If I was a horse they would shoot me. With my PTSD feel like it’s will be an escape from all this pain. I’m tired of playing the game,can not go on like this much longer. Just staying in bed is killing me

i think when vets get to old age they just write us off, give us pills to paseyfi us and eventually we go away.

what can I do to get some sort of life back in getting desperate hence my first ever help me text    Paul

Ski and Will_Farmer liked
ReplyQuote
Will_Farmer
(@will)
Ex-Army Admin
09/01/2018 12:03 pm  

Hi Paul, sorry to hear what's going on mate sounds like your having an extremely difficult time. Can I ask if you've been in contact with any charities or organisations for example RBL or Combat Stress?

All the best 

Will

W.Farmer

Ski and Jamie R Kennedy liked
ReplyQuote
Submariner
(@submariner)
26/01/2018 10:00 am  

Hi Paul, I've only just joined the site so response is maybe a bit late.  

There are quite a few organisations out there and you have taken the first, and most important step, you have made people aware of your situation and said you need help.  A lot of people consider asking for assistance as a sign of weakness, it's not, it's a sign of bravery.  

I hope your situation has improved since your post, every want to talk about anything, give me a shout.

Phil

Ski and Jamie R Kennedy liked
ReplyQuote
Ski
 Ski
(@marcus)
21/02/2018 6:28 pm  

Hi Paul,

Which part of the country are you in pal?  I have direct access to a Midlands charity that helps older people, admittedly older than you, but it could be a good place to start to get some support.  Alternatively you will find my number on the Ox and Bucks page in the business listings.  Happy to chat things thorough with you personally.  Or even just a shit chat and some bants mate? 

We have other people in the FB group who have openly discussed their PTSD.  Mark Cundy is one of them.  Also head over to the Veterans Work Family Support Group on FB.  Loads of people in there with similar experiences who would be happy to chat with you, give advice and the like.

Pills don't work, talking to others does, it is also possible a holistic approach to PTSD is far more effective than sitting down with a civvy shrink.

Don't be  a stranger mate, we are all here to help each other

ReplyQuote
Ski
 Ski
(@marcus)
21/02/2018 7:43 pm  

Paul, have a look over today's blog on Vets Net from a therapist who has experienced the aftermath of war first hand in Sarajevo and battled/continues to battle with her own PTSD

ReplyQuote
nicola1234
(@nicola1234)
21/02/2018 8:39 pm  

Hi paul, has your doctor sent you for an mri, to rule out potential nerve entrapment, morphine wont work on neuropathic pain. Are you experiencing any numbness in the legs or pins and needles etc. If you are request referral for an MRI.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register