My claim is taking Months!!!!!!!  

RSS

Matt
 Matt
(@matt_jones)
17/09/2017 3:25 pm  

I suffered a bad knee injury playing sports just before leaving in December. I put my claim in on the 10th of January, I keep getting told more information is being requested through my doctor and service record. I'm amazed how long the process takes its almost like they want you to forget about it. Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

ReplyQuote
Will_Farmer
(@will)
Ex-Army Admin
17/09/2017 3:59 pm  

Hi Matt, I claimed for my ankle back in 2013. It did take a couple of months to all go through but sounds like yours is taking forever mate maybe take some advice from RBL or someone on here may be able to give further advice.

W.Farmer

ReplyQuote
Matt
 Matt
(@matt_jones)
20/09/2017 2:50 pm  

I've contacted the Royal British Legion had some advice on the phone and they have set me up to see someone in person at my local centre. The Armed Forces Compensation Scheme just seems so hard to navigate and there constantly asking for more information or waiting for more information. It seems you get 2 different answers depending on who you talk to and when you do send them a letter or information it takes 2 months to process once its arrived. In my opinion the hole thing needs an overhaul!

Thanks Will

ReplyQuote
decanus
(@decanus)
Ex-Army Admin
11/04/2018 9:41 am  

At first I was wondering how long it would take. The armed forces compensation scheme can sometimes take up to 6 months. If you haven't heard anything by then, make sure to call them on the number provided on the PDF they send you. 

Unfortunately my claim wasn't successful because it was never reported. Apparently popping a vein whilst getting into a Challenger 2 wearing full PPE doesn't constitute as a viable claim yet getting smashed about during a sports afternoon does? 

For 50ml E Liquid head over to Veteran Vape for exclusive prices for Veterans.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register